ABOUT THIS CAMPAIGN
ABOUT THIS CAMPAIGN
What We’ve Done
The Wellbeing Foundation runs The Positive Lifeline, a regular care and support programme under which people living with HIV/AIDS receive medical and financial support, nutritional and vitamin supplements and constant counselling/follow-up for them and their families.
But the main focus of our HIV/AIDS programmes is preventative rather than palliative: like millions of people across the world, we want to prevent more Infections, especially among young people and pregnant women, and raise more awareness through IEC materials. Below are some of our initiatives and interventions
Ongoing Support for The White Ribbon Alliance
Capacity-Building Programmes and Conference Sponsorship
The Wellbeing Foundation has hosted and sponsored several meetings and conferences aimed at building the capacity of stakeholders in maternal, new born and child health (MNCH) in Nigeria. We have also attended and sponsored some experts to attend conferences in and outside Nigeria. Some of these are:
• MNCH Stakeholders Forum, Abuja, Nigeria, 2007
• PHRB Harmonisation meeting, Ilorin, Nigeria, 2007
• Women Deliver Conference, London, 2007
• Annual Scientific Conference, ARD, UITH, Ilorin, Nigeria, 2007
• Countdown to 2015, South Africa
• Meeting of National Champions, 2009
• Joint Harmonisation Task Force on MNCH Meeting, 2009
• Paediatric Association of Nigeria Conference
Maternal Health and Child Survival
The Wellbeing Foundation raised the national alarm about the need for a concerted effort on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health with an advocacy visit to the Honourable Minister of Health.
• We paid advocacy visits to government agencies such as the National Primary Health Development Agency and the National Health Insurance Scheme amongst others. This crystalised in the establishment of the Midwifery Service Scheme (MSS). There was also a meeting with the United Nations Representative on Malaria, Mr Ray Chambers to facilitate the integration of Nigeria Governors’ Forum and Traditional Rulers into the highly effective advocacy programs supporting the adoption of Insecticide Treated Nets (ITNs) throughout the Nation.
• As members of the Global Partnership for Maternal Newborn and Child Health PMNCH, and the International Maternal Mortality Campaign, we continue to strengthen strategic global linkages towards maternal and child survival.